In order to use remarks, we support two scenarios:
- Booking remarks
- Post Booking remarks
You need to ask AirGateway which remarks you want to have pre or post booking. Please check how we solve this in Bookingpad here: https://help.bookingpad.app/en/articles/325784-remarks
Remember that you can check the traces in tracer to see the traffic generated in each case.
Types of data in remarks
Our remarks have four different types of data:
- Int: Numeric values non-decimal.
- Float: Decimal values.
- Str: To use any type of text. A minimum or a maximum of characters can be set.
- List: A list of several values to use in selected field. This is a single selection list.
Types of fields
We have four types of fields that can be used in creation of templates:
- Mandatory fields: This always must be used, otherwise form can’t be saved. Entire line is sent to AIR files. When you don’t input anything in this field and you try to save, will appear the following message
- Optional fields: You can decide to fill these fields or not, but when remarks are saved and this is empty, entire line won’t be sent to AIR files.
- Regular fields: Similar to optional fields, except by the fact that this line will be sent to AIR files even if you don’t fill its field.
- Auto fields: You don’t have to do anything with them, they will have proper information when you open template and they can’t be changed.
Available Auto fields
- Passenger: A list of fields is generated automatically containing name and number from each passenger.
- Passenger sales price: Price per passenger
- Passenger index: secuential number to identify each passenger (001, 002…)
- Number: single number to identify passengers (P1, P2…)
- Origin: 3 letter IATA code with origin airport
- Destination: 3 letter IATA code with destination airport
- Traveler reference: The traveler reference used by the airline (ADT0, ADT1…)
- Agent ID: This auto field takes its value from Bookingpad actual user. i.e: german@airgateway
Any other type of auto field can be requested to AirGateway team.